Connecting with local businesses
The WSB Universities seek close cooperative links with industry and the business community. Under partnership or patronage agreements, companies contribute to curriculum development and share their expertise in the classroom. This collaboration accounts for WSB students’ opportunity to gain hands-on experience directly from representatives of business organizations from across the country.
The 2016 Brand Attributes Survey conducted by TEB Akademia Higher Education Development Center
Membership in prestigious business associations:
- The Business Partnership Program
The strengthening of ties between industry and academia have made it possible for the WSB Universities to provide education combining academic theory with field-specific expertise. In line with this approach, the Universities have invited a number of major business organizations to give their patronage to some of their higher education programs. As a result, some classes are led by experienced practitioners, and the curricula better address job market requirements. This hybrid perspective on the instruction process has proven highly effective and practical, which is clearly reflected in learning outcomes.
- Curricula aligned with job market requirements
At the WSB Universities, curricula are designed in collaboration with business practitioners. The ever changing job market puts a demand on course designers to continually review and update course contents, tailoring these to the requirements of the workplace. Our approach to curriculum development ensures that educational content is up to date at all times, and that WSB students are learning exactly what employers expect them to know.
- Internships and work placements
It is through their active participation in local business communities that the WSB Universities have been able to build its extensive network of business partnerships. This translates into internship and work placement opportunities for our students that can make a real difference when seeking employment. It should be noted, too, that most of our students find jobs prior to graduation.
- Job fairs
The WSB Universities creates space for direct contact between students and employers. It our belief that any such experience can increase students’ confidence in subsequent interactions and hence raise their chances of successful job seeking. And conversely, employers are able to find out about and come to understand their prospective employees’ needs.
- Local business partnerships
The following is a non-exhaustive list of the WSB Universities’ corporate partners, whether consultants or sponsors:
Bydgoszcz / Torun
- Bank Spoldzielczy w Toruniu
- Lech Consulting sp. z o.o. w Toruniu
- DB Schenker sp. z o.o. w Bydgoszczy
- Sharp Manufacturing Poland sp. z o.o. w Ostaszewie
- Telewizja Polska SA Oddział Bydgoszcz
- Neuca SA w Toruniu
- Asseco Poland SA
- Bonduelle Polska SA Zaklad w Gniewkowie
- Delta Trans Logistik
- Grupa Zywiec
- ING Bank Slaski
- Polskie Radio Katowice
- SMG/KRC Poland Human Resources
- Lufthansa Systems Poland
- Thomson Reuters (Markets) Europe SA
- Arla Global Financial Services Centre sp. z o.o.
- LPP SA
- Energa SA
- Kredyt Bank SA Oddział w Gdansku
- Bank Nordea Odziały w Gdansku i Gdyni
- Sony Pictures Entertainment Centrum Uslug Finansowo-Ksiegowych w Gdyni
- Grant Thornton Frąckowiak sp. z o.o. sp.k.
- MAN Accounting Center sp. z o.o
- Komputronik SA
- Kuehne + Nagel sp. z o.o.
- BCC Loza Wielkopolska
- PKO BP SA
- Cortland sp. z o.o.
International partners for MBA programs
WSB MBA programs are delivered in collaboration with the following international partners:
- Aalto University School of Business – the Aalto Executive Master of Business Administration program (WSB University in Poznan)
- Franklin University – the Franklin University Master of Business Administration program (WSB University in Wroclaw) and the Polish-language MBA programs running in Poznan, Torun, Bydgoszcz, Szczecin, and Chorzow
- The University of Northampton – the Master of Business Administration program (WSB University in Gdansk).